This week we started to assemble the platform.the idea behind the design of the platform was to place everything on the platform, so the robot arm and the control box of the robot arm. We designed the platform with the height adjustable wheels. Because when the robot began to draw, the platform would be lowered to the ground to minimize the vibrations caused from the robot arm and to maximize the stability. After some handwork we finally managed to assemble the platform, the next step was to test if the platform would turn 180 degrees, and there was our first problem. The problem was while turning the platform, there was not enough space between the platform and the wheels, so that resulted in, that the wheels collided with the platform, so the wheels couldn't make a 360 degrees turn.
We wanted to keep it simple, so our solution was to add two horizontal beams to the front of the platform and assemble the two front wheels on the ’new beams’, in this way we were able to extend the distance between the platform and the wheels to avoid a collision.